There are several types of visas available: Non-Immigrant, Permanent Residency and Visas under Other Statues

Temporary Visa

  • B-1/B-2 Tourist/Visitor Visas

These are available to all visitors coming to the U.S. for business or pleasure.  B-1 is for a short duration and must not involve local employment.  Nationals of certain countries may be eligible to visa up to 90 days without a need for a visa.

  • E-1/E-2 Treaty and Investor Visas

These are available for Investors and Traders and their employees may also receive visas to carry on their business in the U.S., IF their home country as a commercial treaty with the U.S. conferring visa eligibility.

  • F-1/M-1 Student Visas

These are available for persons seeking ot pursue a full course of study at a school in the U.S.

  • H-1B Specialty Occupation Visas for Professionals

These are available for professional workers with at least a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) may be eligible IF their employers can demonstrate that they are to be  paid at least the prevailing wage for the position.

  • J-1/Q-1 Exchange Visitor Visas

These are available to persons coming to the U.S. in an approved exchange program

  • K-1 Finance(e) Visas

These are available for non-resident aliens who is engaged to a US Citizen or Permanent Resident contingent on marriage taking place within 90 days.

  • L-1 Intracompany Transfer Visas

Limited to executives, managers and specialized knowledge employees.

  • O-1 Extraordinary Ability Workers Visas

These are set aside for foreign nationals with extraordinary ability (i.e. entertainers, athletes, scientists and businesspersons.)

  • P-1 Artists and Athletes Visas

Available for athletes, artist and entertainers.

  • R-1 Religious Worker Visas

Religious workers may be eligible.

  • TC and TN NAFTA and US-Canada Free Trade Agreement